How do i locate the IMEI of my Mobile device
IMEI Number Format – With the help of IMEI number lost and stolen mobile phones can be found. IMEI number is of total 15 digits. The first 14 digits are strings and the last 15th digit is used to verify this 14 string. Since the year 2004, the IMEI format has been like XX-YYYYYY-ZZZZZZ-A where X and Y part is called type allocation code. The TAC part is used to identify the model and device manufacturer. Some Mobile Tac are as under –
- Samsung – Galaxy S3 – 35-316605
- Google – Nexus 4 – 35-391805
- This number helps to identify each device uniquely globally.
- No company starts the network on the mobile until it has IMEI number on it. To start a mobile connection- Sim card number and IMEI number are required. Sim number identifies your account in the mobile company whereas the IMEI number identifies your device’s identity.
- If your device gets stolen or lost you can tell your IMEI number to your provider and your device can be traced.
- Police and law enforcement agencies use this number to trace criminals.
- When you purchase your phone, your IMEI number is given with the bill.
- If the IMEI number is not given then you can remove your phone back cover and remove the battery. You will find IMEI number there.
- You can dial *#06#. It will show you your IMEI number.
- You can even go in about us section in mobile settings and get your IMEI number.